Our dynamic Speakers Bureau of Komen Scholars and volunteers are specifically trained to represent Komen National Capital at educational programs sponsored by community groups, corporations, and other local organizations. Our speakers can present on the latest research and volunteers can provide basic breast health information, discuss the importance of early detection and timely care, and share breast cancer resources available in the community.
We get many requests, and unfortunately, we cannot fill all of these requests. We ask that you place your request as far in advance as possible as this increases the chance of volunteer availability for your event.
- Requests must be received at least four weeks prior to event date.
- A speaker or representative is not guaranteed for your event.
- Due to limited resources, we request a minimum audience of 20 for speaking requests.
- Donations are always appreciated to help offset the costs of the materials for these programs.
- It is not our policy to participate in events that charge a fee for non-profit participation.
Please note: until you submit the official request form and receive confirmation from our Volunteer Coordinator – your event will not be added to our volunteer opportunities calendar.
To request a representative to attend your upcoming health fair please email: firstname.lastname@example.org