- About Breast Cancer
- Community Impact
- Get Involved
Helpline and Support Groups
If you or a loved one needs information about breast health or breast cancer, call our breast care helpline to speak with a trained specialist or oncology social worker at 1-877 GO KOMEN (1-877-465-6636) or email at email@example.com. The Komen Breast Care Helpline offers:
- Breast health and breast cancer information,
- Support and counseling to anyone with questions or concerns,
- Information about local organizations and resources that may provide financial assistance and other support services,
- Low-cost mammography resources; and
- Educational materials.
Breast Cancer Clinical Trial Information Helpline:
If you or a loved one needs information or resources about clinical trials, call our clinical trial information helpline at 1-877 GO KOMEN (1-877- 465- 6636)or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Komen Clinical Trial Information Helpline offers breast cancer clinical trial education and psychosocial support, such as:
- Knowing when to consider a trial
- How to find a trial
- How to decide which trial is best
- What to expect during a trial
- Information about clinical trial resources
When you call or email:
All calls and emails are answered by a trained and caring staff member in English and Spanish, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. ET. TTD is also available.
A helpline specialist may also:
- Help you think about and develop a list of your needs in order of priority,
- Reassure you that your feelings and concerns are typical—that you are not alone in how you feel,
- Educate you about breast cancer issues and coping mechanisms,
- Teach and coach you how to better talk with your health care team; and
- Help you write a list of questions and find ways to help you remember the answers.
Komen does not provide medical advice or referrals to physicians, medical facilities or other services.
To hear from one of our helpline specialists, read Komen’s blog – “From Hopelessness to Hope”.
Our free, 12-week telephone support groups for men with breast cancer provide a safe place for men to discuss the challenges of breast cancer, get information and exchange support. To learn more, call the Komen Breast Care Helpline at 1-877 GO KOMEN (1-877-465-6636) or email email@example.com.
Other Sources of Support:
Please visit our “Understanding Breast Cancer website” for additional information: https://ww5.komen.org/BreastCancer/SupportIntroduction.html